When I was babysitting my two grandchildren in Vail over the Christmas holidays, I was so tempted to warm up a baby bottle for six-month-old Berkeley Annabel, as it was cold and she needed a bottle warmed. I went with my intuition and decided to run warm water over the bottle rather than put it in a microwave for a few short seconds. I’m so glad I did after seeing a recommendation (see below) that tested nineteen different baby bottles and found that all nineteen of them leeched chemicals when heated in a microwave.
This is from our friends at Natural Food Network . . . a very interesting article on environmental groups calling for a ban on BPA.